Subscribe to our news service at HERE The two men facing charges of human trafficking and money-laundering have been remanded in custody with consent to bail following a court appearance in North Cork.
It is alleged the accused were part of a criminal gang that brought people from Slovakia to Ireland and exploited their labour. Sergeant Majella O’Sullivan told the court the State was awaiting instructions from the DPP and asked for both men to be remanded in custody. Slovakians Marian Vavrek, 46, of Kontiki, Rooskey, Co Roscommon, and Ladislav Bubencik, 32, of Railway Road, Charleville, Co Cork, appeared before Judge Colm Roberts. Mr Bubencik faces three counts of human trafficking and 20 counts of money laundering. Mr Vavrek faces three counts of human trafficking and one count of money laundering. The court heard Mr Vavrek had not taken up bail that was granted by Judge John King last week and Judge Roberts expressed concern he may not fully understand the conditions. Judge Roberts said he was extending legal aid to allow for the terms of bail to be translated into Slovakian and fully explained to him. The court heard Mr Bubencik's brother, who was acting as surety, had brought €20,000 to court as required under his bail conditions. Judge Roberts accepted the surety. Both men were remanded in custody with consent to bail with the next hearing date fixed for Mallow District Court on March 26. https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-41351377.html
0 Comments
Leave a Reply. |
AuthorOn this page you will find a selection of links to articles useful for AFC training. Archives
January 2025
Categories
All
|